|Related Characters||Deer Turret|
|Games||TimeSplitters Future Perfect|
The Deerhaunter makes its sole appearance in TimeSplitters Future Perfect. It appears as the first boss character in Mansion of Madness, fighting Cortez and Jo-Beth Casey in the mansion's dining room. Outside of Story mode, it appears in a single Arcade League match, as well as a couple of bot sets.
- Main article: Mansion Of Madness Glitches#Boss Glitch
There is a glitch in the fight against The Deerhaunter to make the boss easier; just go into the hole in the wall he came from and he can't hurt you.
- Deerhaunter is a reference to the 1978 film called The Deer Hunter.
- Its facial appearance strongly resembles the 'possessed' deer mount in a scene in 1987's 'Evil Dead 2', when Ash seems to temporarily lose his sanity.
- It may also be a reference to the original TimeSplitters Story mission Mansion (Itself the basis for Mansion of Madness ) which had deer heads acting as autoturrets.
- The phrase "Moose is loose" is used by Jo-Beth Casey and the Deerhaunter, although Deerhaunter does not appear to be a moose.
- It reuses Bear's sound clips, which are all just generic Bear sound effects, used in many different forms of media.
- The playable Deerhaunter is actually a different character with different stats rather than simply a scaled down version of his story mode counterpart. It is possible to play as the story mode Deerhaunter by using Cheat Engine and an emulator.
- Its internal name is "deerbeast".